Dallas Purple Party weekend is the biggest gay circuit party event in Texas attracting thousands of guys from around the world for a nonstop weekend of dancing fun. This year consists of five big parties including the legendary pool party and a highly spiritual Historic Hall of State at Fair Park. Purple Foundation is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to raise funds to improve the lives of people in the Dallas area who are living with or are affected by HIV/AIDS. So you are basically helping great organizations out while having an amazing sound and light experience with some of the world’s masters of dancefloor beats.
The Purple Party sent out emails this week saying they are experiencing record-breaking sales for this year’s events. It is possible that weekend passes and one (or more) individual parties will sell out this year so they are encouraging party goers to purchase soon. This year’s events are 18 and up including the main event with an exception of the pool party and the bear party.
Events include Friday’s Ignite the opening party, Saturday’s Rise, the pool party and the The Purple Party aka the Main Event.The events seem earlier than last year and they are a week before normal but that does not mean it’s too chilly for a wild pool party in Texas. Dallas Purple Party takes over the Sisu resort with bottle service, hot gogo’s, and energizing beats in the warm sun. For the Main Event DJ Paulo is one of three mega-DJ’s to bring us into the early morning sweating to some beats at the South Side Music Hall. On Sunday its Resurrection
the after hour’s party and then Glow, the closing party. While the parties are held at different venues around the city of Dallas there will be shuttles to and from the events from the Warwick Melrose host hotel off Oaklawn and Cedar Springs.
While most of the news lately have been about gay attacks in the Oaklawn area there are also attacks going on outside of the gayborhood. In this case a gay guy was at a straight strip club called XTC in Dallas where he got beat up and had a seizure. This is heartbreaking and we hope that “Korey” makes it out of this without long term damage and is able to make sure justice is served and his attackers pay. These photos are heartbreaking and we hope we can get the word out about this!
“Get that faggot out of here” was one of the gay slurs yelled out at the victim during the attack. Dallas police are currently investigating this attack. There were up to five men who were involved in attacking “Korey”.
This is from the post:
“So we went out Friday night 4/1/16 and decided to go to a strip club called XTC in Dallas. We were there for about 30 minutes when a man slapped his chest and told him to leave. My friend Korey told him that he did not want any problems and that we would leave, but to please not put his hands on him again. When Korey told the man that, the man pushed korey and started hitting him. I started yelling asking for help and nobody would listen. 3 other men decided they wanted to join and beat him up as well.
With the holiday travel season upon us, and so many nonstop options from Dallas (Love Field), parking is extremely limited—even unavailable—during peak travel periods.
Dallas Love Field airport is urging travelers to plan ahead in order to avoid missing your flight. Here are some options to consider:
- Lyft. Get up to $20 off each Lyft ride to and from Love Field during your upcoming roundtrip or one-way travel with Southwest. If you are new to Lyft then Click here to sign up and you should see a $50 Lyft credit. You will also have a free ride credit worth $20. If you already have Lyft and want just the discount skip to the next step. Then to redeem your airport discount enter this promo code: SWLYF0UJR4HM4C4U in the Payment section of the app. Promo code expires January 15, 2016 and is valid for two redemptions.
- Try the new Love Connection remote parking lot located at 6814 Harry Hines Blvd., just north of Mockingbird Lane. » No reservation needed; $6 per day. » Open 24 hours, secure location, free shuttle service to the airport.
- Love Field Valet. Rates will vary based on length of stay.
- Make a reservation with a paid parking lot. Check with these Love Field parking providers: Parking Spot, Parking Spot 2, and Best Parking.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) provides convenient travel between Love Field and popular Dallas destinations.
- Take a taxi or catch a ride with a friend:
► http://bit.ly/RareUberCredit (Up to $35 off Uber)
► http://bit.ly/LyftPromo_ (Up to $70 off Lyft)
► http://bit.ly/TaxiOnDemand with No Surge (Use Promo Code o91l92 for $10 Off)